Welcome to Tuesday Boozeday! A new post every Tuesday in celebration of making it past the dreaded first day of the week. Whether it’s back to work, back to school or back to the daily grind of life after a (too short) weekend; kick back and relax with today’s cocktail and prepare to own the rest of the week.
Today’s drink: My Top 10 Beer List
I love beer. If I could sum up the last seven days, I would say it’s been a beer week. And by that I mean it’s been a helluva! I grew up in Timber Country, a true embodiment of a Logger’s daughter. I even have the mouth to prove it. So beer and I go way, way back. All the way to the beginning back. Although I like to believe that I have more class than I do, sometimes there is nothing better at the end of a long, hard day than an ice-cold beer. Tonight I’m drinking a Session, but I’d like to share a list of my top 10 favorite beers. The kind of beer I like to end my day with. Or hell, the kind of beer I like to start my day with. And just so you realize, I’m not a craft beer snob (true aficionados would probably laugh at my favs); every once in a great while I’ll even crack open a Hamm’s, and my husband’s beer of choice is Coors Light. Remember what I said about class…all types here! But these are my Top 10. There’s no particular order, but if I have to play favorites…it’s Shiner Bock. All the way.
- Shiner Bock – Spoetzl Brewery
- Widmer Hefeweizen – Widmer Brothers Brewing Co
- Session Premium Lager – Full Sail Brewing Co.
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale – Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Sweet As Pacific Ale – Good Life Brewing Co.
- Alaskan Amber – Alaskan Brewing Co.
- The Mens Room – Elysian Brewing Co.
- Mirror Pond Pale Ale – Deschutes Brewery
- Tangerine Wheat – Lost Coast Brewery
- Pyramid Hefeweizen – Pyramid Breweries
Tell me YOUR favorites in the comments, I’m always willing to try new brews. If beer is not your thing…no judgement here. Check out this post instead: The Best Damn Margarita