I don’t believe it’s a coincidence that Fall is the most colorful season of the year, especially in my little corner of Oregon, and that I get the MOST creative with my makeup looks in the Fall. There’s no denying the beauty of all the rich colors, cooler weather, hot coffee, and large knit sweaters with scarves. And plaid. All the plaid.
Here are my favorite picks for Fall makeup this season. I am loving a full range of purples, bronze-y browns, and pinks that have a very orange undertone. Forgive my pictures, I was having a difficult time getting results that showed the true colors of the eyeshadows.
I could NOT pull off the matte lip trend. My lips are constantly too dry and no matter how beautiful my lips looked when I initially applied, it went bad fast. I’m a lip gloss girl, and I’m over the moon it’s coming back around. I also like to keep creamy lipsticks around and I occasionally sneak in a matte (gasp!) crayon I layer under gloss. That bottom lip gloss….I layer that over pretty much EVERYTHING! The color is too pretty to put down. These are the products I love for fall this year:
Pictured and swatched from top to bottom are:
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Exclusive in Julianne’s NUDE
- Milani Statement Lipstick in Teddy Bare
- treStique Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Florence Fig
- VASANTI Power Oils Lip Gloss in Super Mom
- Trust Fund Beauty Lipgasm Lip Gloss in Method to the Madness
Continuing on the purple and pink-orange theme, these are the blushes I’ve been using to flush out my cheeks lately. The top one feels a little bit like a cheat because it’s pretty new to my collection. But it’s quickly becoming one of my favorites. As for the other one, the left shade got me through summer but for fall I’m counting on the middle and right shades!
Pictured from top to bottom, shades left to right are:
Eyes are my favorite. I’m going to go out on a limb and say they’re the best feature on my face…and I like my face 😉 I’ll start off thinking, “I’m gonna do a simple eye look today!” But then I pick another shade and keep blending. Over-the-top eyes are my thing I guess, just like my personality. My eyes are brown, but in the right light they almost look green so purple and shimmery browns are my go-to this Fall with some olive-green thrown in because…well, my eyes. Again with the purple (am I getting too repetitive yet?) I’ve picked out my favorite Fall eyeshadow colors from my collection, and I think they’ll pair well with a range of skin tones and eye colors.
Pictured from top to bottom, left to right are:
- Lorac Pro Palette 1
- Milani Everyday Eyes Palette in Plum Basics
- Tartelette in Bloom Palette
- Single Eyeshadows (listed below)
- Lorac Pro Palette 1 – Fall Favorites swatched from top to bottom:
- Deep Purple
- Tartelette in Bloom Palette – Fall Favorites swatched from top to bottom
- Single Eyeshadows – Fall Favorites swatched from top to bottom:
- Luxie single shadow in 290
- Ofra single shadow in Victory
- The Balm single shadow in Willkommen
- Lorac single shadow in Ecru
- Lorac single shadow in Sage
Thanks for reading until the end….I know that was a long one. But, if you can’t get enough of Fall Beauty like me, I highly recommend watching this Fall Makeup Forecast by Mariah Leonard!